Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30th (Day -7)

From now on my posts will be as follow (Day -7 which means seven days til transplant and then once its transplant day it will day Day 0 then from there it will be Day +1 as so forth)

We had to be at the hospital for 3 yesterday, it was about a quarter til and I was about 10 minutes away. I was going through the Wedny's drivethru and a man approached my car. I, of course, was a little chicken and barely rolled my window down, but he just wanted to tell me that I had a flat. WOW a flat...whata day I thought. He then told me that right next door they could fix it. Luckily my dad was behind me and luckily my tire didn't blow out on the interstate. Last night I was thinking about the eventful evening and I got the best feeling. I know that God was telling me to just let go and let him have control because HE'S GOT THIS! He knew I needed to hear that!!

We got in Coles sterile transplant room last night around 10 pm and sort of got settled in. I became very overwhelmed with his night nurse telling me everything I have to do daily. Last night I stayed up till well after midnight just thinking and going through my daily schedule and again I felt like I was having a panic attack. Right then and there I closed my eyes and I asked God for a wonderful nights rest for Cole & I and to wake up with a new outlook on everything. Needless to say, my Lord and Savior came through as always...we woke up this morning at 9am with big smiles on our faces and ready to tackle the day. I've done everything that needs to be done so far and haven't looked back...God is good isn't he!?

Cole has received his chemo for the day and is acting like his normal self still. I can only pray that this is an indication of what's to come! I thank God daily for making me strong enough to be Cole's mommy & for making him such a trooper to withstand anything that is laid in his path!!!

I'm debating switching over to caring bridge for my blog type thing instead of using this. I'm going to check it our and will definitely let each of you know what I decide to do!

Cole is getting tired (probably from the benedryl and zofran that he was pre medicated with) so I'm going to put him down for a nap. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a safe and beautiful week!

Until next time!

_Cole's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment