Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

I don't even know where to start!!!....


Well as many of you know Cole came into the hospital for spiking fever. Then after a day or so he was diagnosed with a bacterial infection in his blood from his new line. After a few more days, they then diagnosed him with c diff which hurts his tummy really bad :(. Well after a few days they said that his WBC (white blood count) was elevated and they thought he might be having problems with his clotting factors of his blood. They elected to give him FFP (fresh frozen plasma) last night to see if thatd help with his line issue and with his WBC. Today his line is finally working (praise Jesus). Cole, in the meantime,is on 2 antibiotics, an anti fungal and around the clock fluids. This afternoon, while changing his diaper, I noticed these (excuse my descrition) pimple looking dots on his booty. I brought it to the drs attention during rounds & he said we have to keep a very close eye on it because they could become infection, but that it looked like bacterial on the skin. Oh really doc, well you'd THINK the 2 antibiotics and the anti fungal AND his 6 meds he gets am and 6 pm that something might help!?!?!? Arghhh !! Well needless to say they've decided to do 14 days antibiotics for the bacterial infection which leads him into the weekend as opposed to early this week. We have no clue about his Campath or transplant so I suppose that we will just have to see what his week brings.

It's raining outside and I seem to feel like God is depicting my mood through the weather. I sit here and see this beautiful face crawling all over the room...smiling and yelling at me and I can't help but want a break (even if it's a day) but a break for him to go outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having. I don't see that happening so I guess well make the best of it...what else is there to do!? We're confined to a 10x10 white room because of Coles c diff being contagious...whoopie :/.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I even tell God that I can't thank him enough for giving Cole to me, but I'm so frustrated. I want my family back as a whole...is that too much to ask?! I want to be able to see my husband everyday and for him and Cole to play...I'd love for Cole to have his first swim in the pool but noooooo stupid hlh had to rear its ugly head and cole has a line in his chest and can't get wet!!! Ok enough gripping, I'm making myself angry And sad talking about it. Time to go spend quality time with my man.


-Coles Mommy

3 comments:

  1. I read your post & your blogs & I am amazed at what strength you have as a person & mother. I love you & cole more than you will ever know & it breaks my heart with everything that ya'll are going thru. Our Heavenly Father definately has a plan for that sweet baby & he only chooses the strong to take care of the weak. You above anyone else was chosen to be his mom. And what a blessing you & your family are. Look at how many people have opened their hearts to ya'll. You have made me realize not to sweat the small things cause things could be worse. Thank you for being who you are & being such a strong & good mommy to Cole. Love you to the moon & back little Mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for sweet Cole!!! Also praying for peace and strength for you. This is a saying I love to say: After every valley, there is a mountain. In the valley there's a rock and our rock is Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LACI, I KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS ON YOU I SEE IT IN YOUR FACE EVERY TIME THEY COME IN AND TOUCH COLE!! IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT YOUR SWEET LIL LMAN HAS TO GO THRU SO MUCH AND IT BREAKS MY HEART FOR YOU AND CHRISTOPHER TO HAVE TO WATCH AS COLE GO THRU ALL THIS BUT GOD CHOOSE YOU AND CHRISTOPHER TO BE COLE PARENTS BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT YOU COULD GET THRU THIS TOGETHER AND ALOT OF YOUNG COUPLES COULDNT MAKE IT AND COULDNT GIVE COLE THE FAMILY THAT HE NEEDS,, COLE HAS TAUGHT US ALL SO MUCH!! I LOVE HIM MORE THAN HE WILL EVER KNOW HE IS SUCH A GREAT BLESSING TO US ALL!! I THANK GOD FOR YOU BEING HIS MOM AND MY DAUGHTER N LAW!! YOU ARE STRONG BUT I KNOW YOU ARE TIRED AND THAT IS OK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO BE !! JUST REMENBER THAT YOU ARE LOVED AND WE ARE HERE ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT I WILL SEE YOU VERY SOON LOVE YOU AND COLE BUG TO THE MOON~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete