Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 7, 2012 Dr. Apt.

So I want to start off by saying...WHERE HAS MY BABY GONE?!?!  He weighs 22.08 lb. & is 27 1/4 in. long!  That's far from being my 8 lb. 12 oz. baby!

First I want to let everybody know about an enlightening moment that happened to me personally at Cole's apt. on 2/7.  I met a lady (whom I'll refer to as an angel on earth because how could she not be...I bet you'll agree with me once you read this story) & her daughter (who is so strong...stronger than anyone I know!).  This little girl is 5 years old now and is gorgeous as can be.  When she was born she was born with a genetic disease ( I can't recall the name, but just know that it is 100% fatal).  Her mom was the sweetest thing because her daughter had just gone through a transplant so she was giving me the run down on what to expect.  She said that when her daughter was born she had a thumb that wasn't totally formed.  Her doctor recommended to check her for a few diseases that can cause that.  She said she can remember the day that her doctor walked in teary eyed and said I'm sorry your daughter is going to die soon.  She said she just sat in shock for what felt like years.  One thing lead to another and they went to Children's Hospital in New Orleans under the direction of Dr. Yu (which will be Cole's transplant dr.).  She said her daughter started on chemo and had to be masked anywhere she went (which wasn't many places at all).  She said just a week prior to her speaking with me...her daughter was able to go out without a mask...she said their first trip was to McDonalds to go in and have a meal.  She was telling me that she is surprising her daughter with a trip to Chuckie Cheese this weekend...I bet that little girl is going to have the time of her life!  She was telling me that the transplant that her daughter just went through was just a bandaid for her disease.  Without hesitation she said, "But you know what if it gives us 2-3 more years then that's ok!"  WOW....I sat there just in awe of this lady & I am on a daily basis praying for them.  They both have such strength.  Strength I know only our savior can bring.  I know Cole is sick...but Cole's disease can be fixed....her's can't but they just look on the bright side of things and live each day to the fullest.  I refer to this lady as an Angel because she was blessed with a beautiful baby girl who might not make it another year, but she stays with her daily and like I said she makes the best of each day!  When I feel down & out I just remind myself that YES IT CAN ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be worse!  I really hope that next time Cole has a dr. apt that we can see them again...I'd love to speak more with her because she has blessed me and she doesn't even realise it!

Cole's dr. apt. went well.  Dr. Prasad asked when we were going to do his 1st birthday party (THIS SUNDAY>WOW WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!)...when I told her she said to expect a call from the transplant coordinator to discuss when to come in to start setting everything up.  She said he will have to come in daily for awhile to run various tests...but that's ok we can do it! 

He had to get another round of Rocephin while we were there for a lingering ear infection and poor thing threw up twice :(  It breaks my heart to see him sick, but as soon as he would throw up he'd smile ear to ear at me...gosh he's so strong!

Cole was placed in our life, but especially mine for a reason.  I believe with all my heart that God knew what he was doing.  Before Cole came into my life my relationship with God was back & forth, but now...WOW I don't even know what to say....I just can't describe how strong it has become.  Cole has done more in his 10 mo. of life than I have in 22 years & man it feels good to know that I'm his mommy!


-Cole's Mommy

Hebrews 13:2 “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment