Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dr. Apt. January 24, 2012

These dr. apts. seem never ending...do any of you histio mommys feel the same way??  We had to be at the drs office at 8:45am and they didn't even see us until 11 :/...wow waiting that long in a waiting room full of cancer striken families and children definetly makes you think and take things into perspective.  Even though Cole has such a "rare" disease (which I don't believe it's as rare as they think...I know so many families taken by this awful disease) there are kids in that hemonc clinic who are way worse off, but ALWAYS have such a big smile on their face....it's uplifting honestly.  Well when we were finally seen they did his vitals & my big man weighs 21.6 lb. now...WOW!  Such a chunker!  His BP of course was high (SHOCKER) so they debated uping his BP medicine, which they didn't thankfully.  His levels came back wonderfully (YAY!!) and he didn't have to have any fluids this week :).  He does, though, have some type of bacterial infection and they've put him on medicine for that and poor thing has an ear infection too and they put him on Omnicef for that as well.  Gosh...ya know it's so crazy to think of how many medicines that he takes daily.  We've come from throwing up after every single medine to now he takes it like a trooper!  I thought me having to take 3 medicines daily was bad, but now he's going on 14 medicines (some every other day though).  They had to up his chemo because of him size now & so its taking him more days now to get over this nastiness from it.  The dr. also told us to go ahead and have Cole's birthday party (if we wanted to & of course we do) sometime in February (even though his birthday isn't until April 6th) because he will be admitted into the hospital first week of March to start his transplant.  Typing this just now gave me chills....to think my little baby (at that time 11 mo old) will be undergoing such a gutwrenching thing makes this mommy worry.  I know he's done so well so far, but what if...I try to stay so positive, but I worry so much.  I stay strong for him, but man this sucks to say the least.  Why Cole...why can't he be normal and be able to take a bath and be able to crawl around without an ace bandage around him....why...I know you're not suppose to question God but I just wish...ya know?  I'm SO thankful to have caught this in time and to actually still have Cole by my side daily so ya know if this is what we have to do to be able to keep him with us then so be it! Well back to the birthday party...I hope we have a great turnout so that little man can have some fun before he's stuck in a hospital room for awhile!  It'll be a Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday February 12th from 1-4 at his KK's house...if you'd like to come please let me know :)!  Well I hope & pray that everything goes well for his transplant...Dr. Prasad said that best case senerio he'll be in the hospital 6 weeks then at the Hope Lodge in New Orleans for 2 months...we'll have to stay at the Hope Lodge because we live further than 20 min. from the hospital.  I hope that we feel comfortable there....I'm getting homesick just thinking about being away from everybody that long!  We'll be spending Coles Birthday, Chriss Birthday & My Birthday in the hospital...whoo hoo go 2012 (sarcastically, lol).  Well little mans getting ready for a nap and clothes have to be washed so I better get going...until next time!

-Cole's Mommy

Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment