Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 7 & 8th (Day 0+ & 1+)

GOD IS AMAZING!! 

Day 0+:

Cole's transplant went amazing.  The transplant took about 20 minutes and it was over...quick huh?  All this anticipation for 20 minutes lol.  It's very common for BP to either spike or drop and Cole's did neither....he sat in my lap for the 20 minutes just as content as can be and I have no doubt in my mind that this was all thanks to God...to God be the glory!!!  Please take a second, while you're reading this, to pray for this little boy down the hall from Cole.  He also had a BMT and his BP bottomed out and they had to rush respiratory up here to help him.  I asked him Grandpa that's staying with him how he was doing and he said better, but as you all know NOTHING is too big for our loving God to handle!!! 

Cole was hooked to a heart monitor for 24 hours and nothing usual with that too!! YAY!

Day +1:

Today Cole's Hemogloban level was down to 7.5 so they're getting ready to give him some blood.  They want it above 8 or 9 so after his blood he gets today, they'll recheck to see if he possibly might need more...they say this is normal!  Cole's fluid is positive..meaning he has too much, but with all the meds he's getting he has to have them so they're also starting him on lasix today too!  Poor thing is so puffy, but I know the lasix will help!  IVIG will be started today too and he'll get that once a week...every Tuesday and that will continue for probably years until everything gets back to normal at least!

I know that I say this alot, but I can't thank God enough for what he's doing in our lives.  Through Cole's horrible ordeal, my relationship with God has been strengthened so much.  I know that there is no way Cole would be where he is today without God by his side!  I'm so thankful that I was made as strong as I am to withstand all of this and that my little man is the trooper that he is :)

Mama is with Cole right now putting him to sleep so I can pay bills and finally do some blogging and man does it feel good to let go of all these thoughts rambling through my mind!  Honestly, people have no clue what goes on daily in here.  Meds around the clock (so sleep is few & far between) then at 9,1,5 & 9 he has these meds put in his ears, nose, belly button and butt to avoid anything growing...then also at those time he has a weird mouthwash to do to avoid bacteria growing in his mouth and this powder stuff to go under his armpits and in his groin to dry it out and each day he gets a special bath and his dressing changed on his line to keep that as clean as humanly possible...man oh man so much to do, but I'm glad I'm on a schedule now so I just go with the flow!

Work has been keeping Chris so busy lately that he doesn't get to come down here as much as he'd love to, but I'm so thankful for the work because that's hard to find nowadays!  But yesterday he was able to come and visit and be here for Cole's transplant and I'm so thankful for that!  After his transplant, he & I took an hour and went to a place called New York Pizza for lunch and OMG it's amazing...if you ever get this way it's on Magazine St. & I want to go back!  Then after I wanted some icecream so we stopped by a place, also on Magazine St., called Sucre and OMG it's heaven in there!  I had strawberry and chocolate gelato and these little dessert things and put it this way..if I lived here I'd be obese...I'd eat there everyday! :)

Well I guess it's about time to get back to the room and give little man his bath for the day before he gets his blood!  I hope each & every one of you have an amazing day & may God bless you!  Always remember...God shows you miracles everyday...whether small or big so keep your eyes open :)

-Cole's Mommy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything is going good! I absolutely LOVE your positive attitude considering what you have to do and watch Cole go through! I know it's hard. Cole and Chris are so lucky to have you! Still praying here!

    ReplyDelete