Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012 (Day -5)

What a day....

Cole's blue line has completely stopped working. It's clotted off and won't even flush now :( His red line flushes, but it won't draw back meaning sticks for labs :(. He went today, per dr orders, for a dye study and they found that his red line can still be used tomorrow am to give his Fludarabine, but tomorrow around lunchtime he'll receive a totally brand new line.

I can only pray to God that this line won't result in another bacterial infection and that it'll actually work! I've been so aggravated today with everything...I try to stay positive with everything going on, but yesterday and today has been very tough to do that!!

Last night I had a breakdown, but I guess you need to have a breakdown every now and then to "breakup" :) I even found myself questioning if I was strong enough to do this....I, at that moment, closed my eyes and cried to God asking him to please reassure me that I can do this & that Cole can too. I told him that I know that his son hurt, but I pray that he'd make Cole whole in his name! I opened my eyes and instantly my tears dried up and I was ok....God is good isn't he!?

Cole will be NPO (no intake) from midnight until his procedure so I'm sure this is going to make for a long night...he's starting to get really cranky so a bedtime snack it is then some rest. My stomach is in knots about tomorrow, but I'm going to try to get some rest, but we'll see!

Until Next Time!

-Cole's Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Cole and praying for God to give you strength. I know you have to be strong for Cole. It's okay to cry and let it all out. It is a way to feel refreshed and tears are a language that only God understands :) Hope you have a better day. Praying for God to guide the doctor's hands tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete