Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13, 2012 (Day +6)

I first want to wish each Mama out there Happy Mothers Day!

I want to apologize for not blogging lately, but it's been a crazy few days!

Cole's ANC for the past few days has been at 0 so now we're just in a waiting game for his levels to start coming up...Lord this is definitely in your hands!!! His Platelets as well as his RBC is fluctuating so somedays he may need both. but today he hasn't needed either thankfully! The past few days he's gotten really hoarse sounding and drooling very bad...Dr Velez came in today and said he doesn't have any signs of Mucositis (sores) in his mouth, but he probably has them in his throat is why he won't eat and he's drooling and sounding hoarse so he has started on a morphine pump today. He constantly gets it and theres a button to push more if I feel like what he's getting isnt enough. This scares me...scares me a lot....my poor baby has so many lines and tubes running from him it's sad. I truly don't know how he's going to be able to get down and play without tearing something or pulling something down :( , but we'll make it work!

I know I say this all the time, but ya'll God is so good! Looking at my little man sprawled out sleeping and snoring makes me so grateful for God giving me the chance to take care of Cole like he deserves. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE for us to be home living normal lives, but who would we be then? Now we're God loving people that are extremely grateful for our son!! :)

I hope each of you have a wonderful night...I'm about to snuggle with my bug and watch a little TV!

-Cole's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment